Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Nicholas!

Yes, it is true, Nicholas is now 4. I can't believe it actually. The time is flying by as usual. He is becoming such a big boy. His vocabulary is growing everyday, sometimes I am not even sure where he comes up with the words; he is growing into his big brother role very nicely and is excited about having a new little brother, whom he calls Sawyer; he loves school; loves to swing, slide, climb the fence, ride his bike, etc; would eat grilled cheese every meal I think if I let him; sings and talks to his hearts content; and is addicted to Thomas the Train. There are so many other things I could say, but the most important is that Jesus loves him and his mommy and daddy love him very much and I pray he feels this everyday. I can't imagine our lives without him. He brings so much joy and laughter to our family and I can't wait to see what the next year will bring. Happy Birthday Nicholas! For Nicholas' birthday Burt thought it would be fun to take the boys bowling. They both loved it. It was fun watching them try to roll or throw the ball down the lane. Nicholas actually got a couple of spares I think which he was very excited about. He did a little dance for them. They loved watching the ball come back to them through the machine and ran around the bowling alley chasing each other. Thankfully there were not a lot of people there. We ate dinner and had a mini cupcake to celebrate his special day. Joshua even sang a mini version of Happy Birthday to him. So sweet. What a nice way to end the evening.




Doing his happy dance.

Not sure what he is doing, but gotta love the bowling shoes.

With help from Mommy and Daddy at times, the boys did pretty well I would have to say.


1 comment:

Brittny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!!!!! I'm so sorry that we never called you, but it was non-stop action at our house when the kids got home from school We had friends over, then crammed in baths and dinner before crashing for the night. We love you so much and hope we can all hang together with Mickey very soon!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO