Monday, October 20, 2008

Poor Joshua

So, all last week Joshua was in a pretty bad mood for naptimes and bedtime. I could not for the life of me figure out what was wrong and he was driving me crazy. At naps he would just cry and cry and when I went to calm him down he would fall asleep on me, but as soon as I laid him down he would wake up again screaming at the top of his lungs. Come to find out on Saturday he was cutting a tooth. My Aunt found it. How bad do I feel now. I mean I was about to pull my hair out and never even checked his teeth because we had just been to the doctor the week before and he didn't notice any about to break through so that never crossed my mind. I didn't even give him any medicine. Poor little guy. He was just in pain when sleeping. Well, he toughed it out that's for sure and now is feeling much better and sleeping again now that the tooth broke through. Guess I will check that first next time he isn't himself. Lucky for me he won't remember this experience right????

3 comments:

Stacey Cannon said...

Ohhh no! Poor little guy! You aren't alone missing the teething signs. I always rush the kids to the doctor thinking they have an ear infection and I look like an idiot when they point out a tooth coming thru!! :) I'm such a geek!!!

I'm glad he's feeling much better now!!!

Brittny said...

I did the same thing with Sophie! She wasn't sleeping well at night and cried all the time and was driving me crazy. I'd been checking for teeth, but never saw any so I quit looking. Then one day when she was lying on her back across my lap I noticed something and saw she was cutting 3 teeth at once! I felt horrible too b/c I hadn't given any medicine or sympathy either! I'm with you, just glad they don't remember this!

Lauren W said...

I don't know Melissa, you might need to start saving up for those therapy sessions now. :-)